One BIG THANK YOU, one last day and saying Good-Bye to the DREAM!

Posted by monica.gallagher | Uncategorized | Posted on May 31st, 2011

Hello Parents! I would like to thank each of you for such a wonderful year. Our students had outstanding growth and learned so much!  I am proud of our success as a class and of the fact that I, as a teacher, continue to learn and grow, too.  I am so fortunate to have worked with Mrs. Lisa this year. She has such a kind and warm manner. She has reminded me daily of the important part of teaching called compassion. She is on a beach somewhere enjoying her grandkids and family and helping me to focus on my own beach vacation to come in July. I love you Mrs. Lisa!

I would like to thank three special parent volunteers: Shelly Garner, Amy Farmer and Jamie Edwards. These ladies came in weekly and sometimes daily to help out in our classroom. They have done everything from copies and stuffing folders to serving ice cream and researching endangered species of Kentucky! The Farmers also helped me to supply our class with a sharp pencil at any moment. Since I want our students to have the opportunity to read or write at  any given minute of the school day, we can’t be hindered by such things as pencil sharpeners or broken leads. The Farmer family sharpened baggies of pencils every week! Indeed, all of our parents have been an outstanding group and I have been honored to work with you. Ms. Shelly made sure our class had EVERYTHING we needed including marbles, totes, snacks and t-shirts! Our parents have helped with providing our class with outstanding supplies and snacks to t-shirts and a turtle for the day! I know that the success Room 104 has experienced is due to the outstanding support from home and parents. Our entire class also averaged 100+ percent in spelling this year-you parents also know how to help your children study! Our team also completed 17 end-of-year conferences-that is amazing parental support!  I have referred to my job and this class as a ‘dream’ all year and it truly has been a wonderful experience. I  will be at school on Tuesday, May 31 to finish paperwork and to pack and clean. Then, I will be officially off-duty for the summer–hope everyone has a safe and fun summer with their kids and I will see you all in the halls in August!