Sunday, December 4

Posted by monica.gallagher | Uncategorized | Posted on December 4th, 2011

Thanks to all of the parents who came out on Saturday to support SEE Breakfast with Santa. We have such wonderful community and parental support. Thanks to all who helped make this another success for out PTO and our school.
The art project we have been working on is Whoville! We made Who houses out of milk cartons that went on our door as part of a door decorating contest, again sponsored by our PTO. The winner will be determined on Monday and will receive $100. I will let you know how we did. See photo for a close-up look.
I have had a lot of questions about what our class will do for a gift exchange and had a wonderful idea from a parent. I would like for our class to do a book exchange. If you would like your child to participate, please send in a wrapped book valued between
$5-10. The day of our party (Friday, December 16 at 1:30) we will draw names and exchange the books. I think is a new idea and will be fun for the kids. Of course, I think books are the best gifts of all!
Please don’t forget our angel. The sizes and details are on this week’s newsletter. Please remember all items must be returned by Wednesday so they may be wrapped and delivered to the FRC by Friday.
 Christmas Party Sign-Up:
  • cupcakes-1. cake pops-Edwards 2. C. Webb
    pizza-Vincent
    cookies-1. Talley 2. ______________ 3. _________________
    drinks– 1. Clemons 2. _______________ 3. _________________
    candy-1. chocolate covered strawberries-Lich 2. _______________ 3. __________________
    punch-Ms. Monica-I will make Wassail punch
    tablecloth, plates, napkins, and cups-Pearson (Hagan)

Ok, so that’s the door decoration, the gifts, the angel and the party supplies. I think we are on track for a great Christmas celebration! All this is getting me in the holiday spirit, I hope you are catching that spirit, too!

2 Responses to “Sunday, December 4”

1. Daniel and Melissa Johnson says:

I think that exchanging books will be great 🙂

2. Alicia says:

Can’t wait to see the book Ethan gets! He is excited!!