Room 104 Reaches the (gasp!) Mid-Year Mark and CHRISTMAS WEEK!

Posted by monica.gallagher | Uncategorized | Posted on December 11th, 2011

Good evening on this cold Sunday. It is hard to believe, but we have made it to Christmas week at SEE. The Gallaghers finally got our tree up and decorated and I am basking in the lights and smells. I grew up celebrating Christmas with one, live tree and am happy to say have continued that tradition with my own little family. These traditions are what make Christmas so special.

Room 104 will not have a spelling or reading test this week, but we will be working hard on completing mid-year assessments so that report cards and parent-teacher conferences can be completed when we return from Winter Break. Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held on Tuesday, January 10th from 3:30-7:00 SAVE THE DATE! Report cards will be sent home with parents attending conferences, other students will receive them January 11th. We will talk in-depth about assessments and student progress. Too much business for my festive mood tonight, but I knew you would want to know as soon as possible.

We will be working on several projects this week. I am happy to report our last collective effort, the Grinches and “Whoville” on our door, won first place and a prize of $100 for our classroom account! Here are some things we need for this week: cheap apple sauce, cheap bottles of cinnamon, glitter, thin ribbon in red or green, gingerbread cookie cutter (to borrow), powdered sugar, graham crackers, tube pasta and more candy. I’m thinking gumdrops, candy canes (mini), anything still left from Halloween will be put to good use! If you have any of these, please send them in Monday or Tuesday. Otherwise, I will be spending our prize money on a  Wal-Mart trip!

I have had a lot of questions about what our class will do for a gift exchange and had a wonderful idea from a parent. I would like for our class to do a book exchange. If you would like your child to participate, please send in a wrapped book valued between   $5-10. The day of our party (Friday, December 16 at 1:30) we will draw names and exchange the books. I think is a new idea and will be fun for the kids. Of course, I think books are the best gifts of all!

Christmas Party Sign-Up:

• cupcakes-1. cake pops-Edwards 2. C. Webb
    pizza-Vincent
    cookies-1. Talley 2. ________ 3. ________
    drinks– 1. Clemons 2. Allen  3. _________
    candy-1. chocolate covered strawberries-Lich 2. ________ 3. _______
    punch-Ms. Monica-I will make Wassail punch
    tablecloth, plates, napkins, and cups-Pearson (Hagan)

I would like to take this opportunity to say a warm thank you for all of your support. This entire blog is about what parents need to be sending in to school! As I have shared with many of you, I am adjusting to the duel role of being a teacher AND a parent of a Kindergartener. I am trying to practice being a good parent and am working hard to send in items, too!

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season so far. This will be a fun and busy week, I hope to see all of you MERRY CHRISTMAS!